2008 Keefer Ranch Pinot Noir
THIS WINE IS SOLD OUT.
Release Date: June 20, 2010
Winemaker: Craig Strehlow
- Swan: Harvest date: 9/3/08; brix @ harvest - 27; pH @ harvest - 3.28; cold soak: 7 days, fementation: 12 days
- Pommard 5: Harvest date: 9/15/08; brix @ harvest - 26.1; pH @ harvest - 3.36; cold soak: 4 days; fermentation: 11 days
- 115: Harvest date: 9/18/08; brix @ harvest: 27.2; pH @ harvest: 3.4; cold soak: 5 days; fermentation: 14 days; 20% whole cluster
- 40% New French oak from Remond, Cadus, and D & J
- Alc: 14.2%
- Titratable Acidity: 0.553
- Barrel Aging: 12 months
- Bottling date: 8/24/09
- Production: 241 cases
2008 was a challenging year for growers starting with the worst frost season in 30 years, causing uneven growth in the cooler areas of the vineyard. Our viticultural practices focused on retaining the highest quality of fruit, even when it meant numerous small picks and lower yields at harvest. It was a difficult year, but we feel the end result is our best wine yet.
Our 2008 Keefer Ranch Pinot Noir introduces a third clone, 115, to the blend. Since the 115 was picked a little later than the Swan and Pommard 5, we were able to add 20% whole cluster to the fermentation. Your first impression of this wonderfully balanced wine is its rich aroma. The complex taste of dark cherry and spices is accompanied by a soft silky texture and a long finish.
241 cases. $42.